Blount County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Blount County, Alabama. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Blount County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Blount County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Alabama Transportation Department Oneonta AL 6480 2nd Avenue East 35121 205-274-2112

Blount County Transportation Oneonta AL 1004 2nd Avenue East 35121 205-625-6250

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Blount County, Alabama. The federal VA, as well as local Blount County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Blount County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Blount County Veterans Service Office Oneonta AL 1004 2nd Avenue East, 13 35121 205-274-2287

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Blount County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Blount County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Blount-Oneonta Chamber of Commerce Oneonta AL 225 2nd Avenue East 35121 205-274-2153

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Blount County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Blount County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Blount County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Oneonta Housing Authority Oneonta AL 606 Fairground Avenue 35121 205-625-0567