Cherokee County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Cherokee County, Alabama. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Cherokee County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Cedar Bluff Champaign Department of Education Cedar Bluff AL 3655 Old Highway 9 35959 217-356-4599

Chambers County - Department of Education Centre AL 420 East Main Street 35960 334-864-9343

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Cherokee County, Alabama. The federal VA, as well as local Cherokee County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Cherokee County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs Centre AL 260 Cedar Bluff Road, 103 35960 256-927-3366

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Cherokee County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Cherokee County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Cherokee County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Cedar Bluff Housing Authority Cedar Bluff AL 4075 Boundary Ave 35959 256-779-6356

Centre Housing Authority Centre AL 905 Louise Street 35960 256-927-5687

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Cherokee County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Cherokee County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Cherokee County Chamber-Commerce Centre AL 801 Cedar Bluff Road 35960 256-927-8455