Chilton County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Chilton County, Alabama. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Chilton County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Chilton County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Alabama Transportation Department Maplesville AL 8586 Alabama 22 36750 334-366-4244

Chilton County Road Department Clanton AL 272 Airport Road 35045 205-755-1151

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Chilton County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Chilton County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chilton Chamber of Commerce Clanton AL 500 5th Avenue North 35045 205-755-2400

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Chilton County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Chilton County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Chilton County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Clanton Housing Authority Clanton AL 512 Ollie Avenue 35045 205-755-1801

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Chilton County, Alabama. The federal VA, as well as local Chilton County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Chilton County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3193 Clanton AL 3020 7th Street North 35045 205-755-2121