Colbert County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Colbert County, Alabama. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Colbert County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

McDuffie County System Department of Education Muscle Shoals AL 403 Monroe Avenue 35661 706-595-1918

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Colbert County, Alabama. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Colbert County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Colbert County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Alabama Department of Transportation Tuscumbia AL 295 Alabama 20 35674 256-389-1400

Muscle Shoals Transportation Department Muscle Shoals AL 301 West 6th Street 35661 256-389-8373

Northwest Alabama Council of Local Government Transit Muscle Shoals AL Student Drive 35661 256-389-0500

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Colbert County, Alabama. The federal VA, as well as local Colbert County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Colbert County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Disabled American Veterans Sheffield AL 1409 West 11th Street 35660 256-381-8229

US Veterans Affairs Department - VA Sheffield Clinic Sheffield AL 422 Cox Boulevard 35660 256-381-9055

Veterans of Foreign Wars Sheffield AL 419 Raleigh Avenue 35660 256-381-7446

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Colbert County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Colbert County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Colbert County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Sheffield Housing Authority Sheffield AL 1108 South Atlanta Avenue 35660 256-978-5858

Tuscumbia Housing Authority Tuscumbia AL 625 North Hook Street 35674 256-383-6956