DeKalb County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in DeKalb County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to DeKalb County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Fort Payne AL 300 Gault Avenue North 35967 256-845-2741

Rainsville Chamber of Commerce Rainsville AL 115 Main Street West 35986 256-638-7800

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in DeKalb County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers DeKalb County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund DeKalb County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Collinsville Housing Authority Collinsville AL 101 Truman Lane 35961 256-524-2499

Crossville Housing Authority Crossville AL 128 George Street 35962 256-593-5824

Fort Payne Housing Authority Fort Payne AL 203 13th Street Northwest 35967 256-845-0424

Rainsville City Housing Authority Rainsville AL 144 White Street 35986 256-638-3030

Rainsville Housing Authority Rainsville AL 42 McCurdy Avenue North 35986 256-638-2157

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in DeKalb County, Alabama. The federal Department of Transportation offers several DeKalb County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. DeKalb County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

DeKalb County Road Department Fort Payne AL 1001 Lebanon Road Southwest 35967 256-845-8585

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in DeKalb County, Alabama. The federal VA, as well as local DeKalb County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The DeKalb County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3128 Fort Payne AL 151 18th Street Southwest 35967 256-845-9745