Elmore County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Elmore County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Elmore County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Tallassee AL 650 Gilmer Avenue 36078 334-283-5151

Wetumpka Area Chamber Of Commerce Wetumpka AL 110 East Bridge Street 36092 334-567-4811

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Elmore County, Alabama. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Elmore County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Elmore County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Elmore County Highway Department Wetumpka AL 155 County Shop Road 36092 334-567-1162

Transportation Department Elmore Elmore AL 3298 Alabama 143 36025 334-567-4379

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Elmore County, Alabama. The federal VA, as well as local Elmore County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Elmore County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Elmore County Veterans Service Wetumpka AL 107 Hill Street 36092 334-567-1175

Veterans of Foreign Wars Wetumpka AL 100 Otter Track Road 36092 334-567-9293

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Elmore County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Elmore County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Elmore County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Tallassee Housing Authority Tallassee AL 904 Hickory Street 36078 334-283-2801