Lamar County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Lamar County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Lamar County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Lamar County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Kennedy Housing Authority Kennedy AL 111 Project Street 35574 205-596-3659

Millport Housing Authority Millport AL 12080 Alabama 96 35576 205-662-3269

Sulligent Housing Authority Sulligent AL 211 Project Street 35586 205-698-9482

Vernon Housing Authority Vernon AL 230 Strickland Cir 35592 205-695-7122

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Lamar County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Lamar County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Millport Alabama Chamber of Commerce Millport AL PO Box 205 35576 205-596-3378

Vernon Chamber of Commerce Vernon AL 44425 Highway 17 35592 205-695-7718