Mobile County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Mobile County, Alabama. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Mobile County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Cheboygan Department of Education Eight Mile AL 10941 Alabama 17 36613 231-627-4436

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Mobile County, Alabama. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Mobile County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Mobile County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Alabama Department Of transportation Mobile AL 150 Dunlap Drive 36602 251-432-4069

Department Of Transportation Mobile Mobile AL 1701 Interstate 65 Service Road South 36618 251-470-8325

Mobile County Roadway Maintenance Irvington AL 7075 McDonald Road 36544 251-574-7588

Mobile Transportation Department Mobile AL 51 South Water Street 36602 251-433-4319

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Mobile County, Alabama. The federal VA, as well as local Mobile County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Mobile County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Alabama Veterans Administration - Mobile County Veterans Service Office Mobile AL 1150 Government Street, 107 36604 251-574-8578

US Department Of Veterans Affairs - Mobile Outpatient Clinic Mobile AL 1504 Spring Hill Avenue 36604 251-219-3900

US Veterans Affairs Department Mobile AL 3221 SpringHill Avenue, c 36607 251-478-5906

Veterans Disabled American Mobile AL 1301 Azalea Road 36693 251-478-5080

Veterans of Foreign Wars Bayou La Batre AL 14050 Railroad Street 36509 251-824-4192

Veterans of Foreign Wars Theodore AL 3354 Hamilton Boulevard 36582 251-443-8265

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 49 Mobile AL 2528 Government Boulevard 36606 251-471-9438

Veterans of Foreign Wars post 7320 Saraland AL 244 Old Telegraph Road 36571 251-679-1188

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Mobile County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Mobile County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Bayou La Batre City Clerk Bayou La Batre AL 13785 South Wintzell Avenue 36509 251-824-2171

Chickasaw Alabama Chamber of Commerce Chickasaw AL PO Box 11421 36509 334-456-4751

Citronelle Alabama Chamber of Commerce Citronelle AL PO Box 394 36522 334-866-7733

Dauphin Island Chamber of Commerce: Tourist Information Dauphin Island AL 1101 Bienville Boulevard 36528 251-861-5524

Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce Mobile AL 451 Government Street 36602 251-433-6951

Prichard Alabama Chamber of Commerce Prichard AL PO Box 10266 36610 251-378-1113

Saraland Area Chamber-Commerce Saraland AL 939 Saraland Boulevard South 36571 251-675-4444

Tillmans Corner Alabama Chamber of Commerce Mobile AL 5055 Carol Plantation Road 36619 251-666-2846

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Mobile County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Mobile County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Mobile County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Irvington Housing Authority Irvington AL 12131 Safe Harbor Circle East 36544 251-824-1814

Mobile County Housing Authority Citronelle AL 16545 U.s. 45 36522 251-866-9696

Prichard Housing Authority Mobile AL 2812 McAboy St 36612 251-457-6096

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Mobile County, Alabama. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Mobile County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Mobile County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Mobile Social Security Office Mobile AL 550 Government Street 36602 866-593-1922