Pickens County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Pickens County, Alabama. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Pickens County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Pickens County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Alabama Department of Transportation Carrollton AL 20233 Alabama 17 35447 205-367-8746

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Pickens County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Pickens County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Aliceville Area Chamber-Commerce Aliceville AL 416 3rd Avenue Northeast 35442 205-373-2820

Gordo Area Chamber of Commerce Gordo AL 251 North Main Street 35466 205-364-7870

Reform Alabama Chamber of Commerce Reform AL PO Box 819 35481 205-375-6240

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Pickens County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Pickens County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Pickens County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Aliceville Housing Authority Aliceville AL 851 Franconia Road 35442 205-373-8333

Carrollton Housing Authority Carrollton AL 560 Sanders Street 35447 205-367-8196

Gordo Housing Authority Gordo AL 140 2nd Avenue Northwest 35466 205-364-7114

Reform Housing Authority Reform AL 510 5th Street Northwest 35481 205-375-6360