Shelby County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Shelby County, Alabama. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Shelby County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Zachary Department of Education Alabaster AL 6919 Highway 119 35007 225-658-6867

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Shelby County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Shelby County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Alabaster Alabama Chamber of Commerce Pelham AL 1301 County Services Drive 35124 256-878-3822

Calera Chamber of Commerce Calera AL 8465 Highway 3 35040 205-668-3023

Montevallo Chamber of Commerce Montevallo AL 845 Valley Street 35115 205-665-1519

Pelham Alabama Chamber of Commerce Pelham AL 1301 County Services Drive 35124 205-663-4542

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Shelby County, Alabama. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Shelby County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Shelby County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Calera Transportation Department Calera AL 3805 U.s. 31 35040 205-668-0173

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Shelby County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Shelby County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Shelby County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Montevallo Housing Authority Montevallo AL 1204 Island Street 35115 205-665-7250

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Shelby County, Alabama. The federal VA, as well as local Shelby County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Shelby County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Shelby County Veteran Affairs Columbiana AL 54 Kelly Ln 35051 205-669-3835