St. Clair County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in St. Clair County, Alabama. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about St. Clair County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Oakwood Department of Education Pell AL 25 Williamson Drive 35125 937-297-5332

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in St. Clair County, Alabama. The federal VA, as well as local St. Clair County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The St. Clair County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs Pell AL 1815 Cogswell Avenue, 132 35125 205-338-7315

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in St. Clair County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to St. Clair County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Moody Chamber of Commerce Moody AL 670 Park Avenue 35004 205-640-6262

Springville Public Library Springville AL 6496 Route 11 35146 205-467-2339

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in St. Clair County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers St. Clair County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund St. Clair County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Pell City Housing Authority Pell AL 110 32nd St N 35125 205-338-7012

Ragland Housing Authority Ragland AL 406 8th St 35131 205-472-2522