Tuscaloosa County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Tuscaloosa County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Stewart County Department of Education Tuscaloosa AL 1210 21st Avenue 35401 931-232-5176

Stokes County Department of Education Tuscaloosa AL 1008 James I Harrison Junior Parkway 35405 336-593-8146

Tuscaloosa Terrebonne Parish Department of Education Tuscaloosa AL 905 Veterans Memorial Parkway 35404 985-575-3269

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Tuscaloosa County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Tuscaloosa County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Alabama Department Of Transportation Tuscaloosa AL 821 Hargrove Road East, b 35405 205-553-1021

Alabama Department of Transportation Tuscaloosa AL 2715 Skyland Boulevard East 35405 205-553-7030

Tuscaloosa County Bridge Unit Tuscaloosa AL 2810 35th Street 35401 205-345-6606

Tuscaloosa County Road Department Northport AL U.s. 82 35476 205-345-6602

Tuscaloosa Transportation Department Tuscaloosa AL 1000 28th Avenue 35401 205-349-0240

Tuscaloosa Transportation Department Tuscaloosa AL 3702 Resource Drive, 1 35401 205-752-2184

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. The federal VA, as well as local Tuscaloosa County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Tuscaloosa County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs-Tuscaloosa County Tuscaloosa AL 714 Greensboro Avenue, 241 35401 205-349-3870

Disabled American Veterans Tuscaloosa AL 448 65th Street 35405 205-247-4862

Tuscaloosa Veterans Affairs Medical Center Tuscaloosa AL 3701 Loop Road 35404 205-554-3440

Veterans of Foreign Wars Cottondale AL 7001 University Boulevard East 35453 205-553-8040

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Tuscaloosa County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Tuscaloosa AL 2201 Jack Warner Parkway Northeast 35401 205-758-7588

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Tuscaloosa County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Tuscaloosa County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Northport Housing Authority Northport AL 1 Valley Hill 35476 205-247-4857

Tuscaloosa Housing Authority Tuscaloosa AL 2117 Jack Warner Parkway Northeast 35401 205-758-6619

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Tuscaloosa County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Tuscaloosa County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Tuscaloosa Social Security Office Tuscaloosa AL 1118 Greensboro Avenue 35401 205-349-4863