Walker County Government Grants (Alabama)

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Walker County, Alabama. The federal VA, as well as local Walker County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Walker County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs - Walker County Jasper AL 1803 3rd Avenue, 106 35501 205-384-7277

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4850 Jasper AL 3401 Veterans Drive 35501 205-387-8940

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Walker County, Alabama. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Walker County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Walker County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Carbon Hill Housing Authority Carbon Hill AL 316 Northeast 6th Street 35549 205-924-4171

Cordova Housing Authority Cordova AL 205 Stewart Street 35550 205-483-7454

Dora County Housing Authority Dora AL 2084 Horsecreek Boulevard 35062 205-648-5963

Jasper Housing Authority Jasper AL 1005 Alabama 69 35501 205-384-4864

Parrish Housing Authority Parrish AL 25 Bank Street 35580 205-686-7621

Sumiton Housing Authority Sumiton AL 45 Oak Circle 35148 205-648-6910

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Walker County, Alabama. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Walker County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Walker County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Cordova Department Of Transportation Cordova AL 116 Fire Station Road 35550 205-483-6106

Transportation Department Jasper Jasper AL 542 Cordova Cut Off Road 35501 205-221-9128

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Walker County, Alabama. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Walker County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

East Walker County Chamber Sumiton AL 2510 Highway 78 35148 205-255-0202

Walker County Chamber-Commerce Jasper AL 204 19th Street East 35501 205-384-4571

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Walker County, Alabama. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Walker County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Walker County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Jasper Social Security Office Jasper AL 501 The Mall Way 35504 205-221-6463