Craighead County Government Grants (Arkansas)

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Craighead County, Arkansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Craighead County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Craighead County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Caraway Housing Authority Caraway AR 325 East Missouri Street 72419 870-482-3736

Jonesboro Housing Authority Jonesboro AR 330 Union Street 72401 870-935-9800

Lake City Housing Authority Lake AR 701 Carter Street 72437 870-237-8815

Monette Housing Authority Monette AR 429 S Williams St 72447 870-486-5487

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Craighead County, Arkansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Craighead County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Craighead County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Craighead County Highway Bridge Jonesboro AR 2800 Moore Road 72401 870-933-4510

A Department of Labor operates at the state or federal level to develop employment opportunities, improve workforce competitiveness, and promote safe working conditions in Craighead County, Arkansas. The federal Department of Labor offers multiple government grant programs, including job training grants, public employment grants, and unemployment grants. They also offer non-profit grants, health and safety grants, and veteran employment grants. State Departments of Labor may also provide Craighead County grant programs. More information about government grants is available on the Craighead County Department of Labor website.

Jonesboro Arkansas Department of Labor Jonesboro AR 615 South Main Street, 310 72401 870-972-4618

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Craighead County, Arkansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Craighead County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Jonesboro Regional Chamber of Commerce Jonesboro AR 1709 East Nettleton Avenue 72401 870-932-6691

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Craighead County, Arkansas. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Craighead County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Craighead County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Jonesboro Social Security Office Jonesboro AR 2608 Fair Park Boulevard 72401 870-972-4620

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Craighead County, Arkansas. The federal VA, as well as local Craighead County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Craighead County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans Service Office Jonesboro AR 511 South Main Street, 103 72401 870-933-4598

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1991 Jonesboro AR 300 Airport Road 72401 870-932-4611