Crawford County Government Grants (Arkansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Crawford County, Arkansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Crawford County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Alma Area Chamber of Commerce Alma AR 143 U.s. 71 72921 479-632-4127

Van Buren Arkansas Chamber of Commerce Van Buren AR 813 Main Street 72956 501-474-2761

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Crawford County, Arkansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Crawford County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Crawford County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Alma Housing Authority Alma AR 9 West Main Street 72921 479-632-2043

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Crawford County, Arkansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Crawford County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Crawford County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Arkansas Highway Transportation Department Mountainburg AR 10435 Dollard Road 72946 479-369-9130

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Crawford County, Arkansas. The federal VA, as well as local Crawford County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Crawford County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Disabled American Veterans Van Buren AR 6307 Alma Highway 72956 479-632-1003