Desha County Government Grants (Arkansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Desha County, Arkansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Desha County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Arkansas City Arkansas Chamber of Commerce Arkansas AR PO Box 369 71630 870-877-2306

Chamber of Commerce Dumas AR 165 South Main Street 71639 870-382-5447

McGehee Arkansas Chamber of Commerce McGehee AR PO Box 521 71654 870-222-4451

Watson Arkansas Chamber of Commerce Watson AR 500 Clayton Street 71674 870-644-3366

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Desha County, Arkansas. The federal VA, as well as local Desha County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Desha County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Desha County Veterans Office Dumas AR 155 East Waterman Street 71639 870-382-6032

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Desha County, Arkansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Desha County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Desha County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Dumas Housing Authority Dumas AR 224 W Bowles St 71639 870-382-5457

Mc Gehee Housing Authority McGehee AR 300 Shady Lane 71654 870-222-3732