Independence County Government Grants (Arkansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Independence County, Arkansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Independence County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Batesville Area Chamber-Commerce Batesville AR 409 Vine Street 72501 870-793-2378

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Independence County, Arkansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Independence County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Independence County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Batesville Housing Authority Batesville AR 1590 East College Avenue 72501 870-793-9104

Newark Housing Authority Newark AR 500 Akron Circle 72562 870-799-3339

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Independence County, Arkansas. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Independence County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Independence County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Batesville Social Security Office Batesville AR 151 Dry Kiln Road 72501 870-793-3488

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Independence County, Arkansas. The federal VA, as well as local Independence County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Independence County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans Of Foreign Wars Post 4501 Batesville AR 1680 Chaney Drive 72501 870-698-4959

Veterans Service Office Batesville AR 110 Broad Street, 104 72501 870-793-8812

Veterans Service Office Batesville AR 192 East Main Street 72501 870-793-8812

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10007 Pleasant Plains AR East Club Road 72568 501-345-2181