Monroe County Government Grants (Arkansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Monroe County, Arkansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Monroe County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Brinkley Chamber of Commerce Brinkley AR 217 West Cypress Street 72021 870-734-2262

Clarendon Arkansas Chamber of Commerce Clarendon AR PO Box 153 72029 870-747-3319

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Monroe County, Arkansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Monroe County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Monroe County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Brinkley Housing Authority Brinkley AR 501 West Cedar Street 72021 870-734-3165

Clarendon Housing Authority Clarendon AR 601 Jefferson Street 72029 870-747-3366

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Monroe County, Arkansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Monroe County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Monroe County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Monroe County Road Shop Clarendon AR 109 Kendall Street 72029 870-747-5527