Stone County Government Grants (Arkansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Stone County, Arkansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Stone County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Mountain View Area Chamber Mountain View AR 107 North Peabody Avenue 72560 870-269-8068

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Stone County, Arkansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Stone County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Stone County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Timbo Housing Authority Timbo AR 490 Lane Road 72680 870-746-4048

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Stone County, Arkansas. The federal VA, as well as local Stone County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Stone County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Mountain View AR 19757 Arkansas 5 72560 870-269-2550