Rio Grande County Government Grants (Colorado)

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Rio Grande County, Colorado. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Rio Grande County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Rio Grande County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Colorado Transportation Department Monte Vista CO 300 Maxeyville Road 81144 719-852-2341

Colorado Transportation Department Monte Vista CO 401 Monroe Street 81144 719-852-5737

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Rio Grande County, Colorado. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Rio Grande County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Rio Grande County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Monte Vista Housing Authority Monte Vista CO 551 Monroe Street 81144 719-852-5505

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Rio Grande County, Colorado. The federal VA, as well as local Rio Grande County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Rio Grande County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Rio Grande County Veterans Service Monte Vista CO 3749 Sherman Avenue 81144 719-852-5118

Veterans of Foreign Wars Monte Vista CO 2 Adams Street 81144 719-852-4976