Fairfield County Government Grants (Connecticut)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Fairfield County, Connecticut. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Fairfield County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Bethel Department of Education Bethel CT 1 School Street 06801 203-794-8601

Bilingual Department of Education Bridgeport CT 948 Main Street 06604 203-576-7585

Bridgeport Department of Education Bridgeport CT 280 Tesiny Avenue 06606 203-275-1125

Danbury Conecuh County Department of Education Danbury CT 63 Beaver Brook Road 06810 251-578-1752

Darien Macon County Department of Education New Canaan CT Green Avenue 06840 828-524-3314

Jamestown Enfield Department of Education Wilton CT 127 Old Highway 06897 860-253-4748

Newtown Department of Education Newtown CT 94 Boggs Hill Road 06470 203-426-7620

Newtown N Y City Department of Education Newtown CT 31 Pecks Lane 06470 718-634-3207

Pitt County Department of Education Ridgefield CT 70 Prospect Street 06877 252-752-5850

Public Gages Lake Department of Education Stamford CT 888 Washington Boulevard 06901 847-362-3120

Shelton Shelton CT 415 Howe Avenue 06484 203-924-6651

Shelton Department of Education Shelton CT 100 Elizabeth Street 06484 203-924-1023

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Fairfield County, Connecticut. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Fairfield County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Fairfield County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Bethel Housing Authority Bethel CT 25 Reynolds Ridge 06801 203-797-9909

Bridgeport Housing Authority Bridgeport CT 215 Warren Street 06604 203-610-6681

Brookfield Housing Authority Brookfield CT 3 Brooks Quarry Road 06804 203-775-1403

Danbury Housing Authority Danbury CT 2 Mill Ridge Road 06811 203-744-2500

Darien Housing Authority Darien CT 24 Allen Oneill Drive 06820 203-655-0866

Fairfield Housing Authority Fairfield CT 20 Trefoil Court 06825 203-331-8948

Greenwich Housing Authority Greenwich CT 15 Quarry Knoll 06830 203-869-2324

Greenwich Town Housing Authority Old Greenwich CT 2 Bertolf Road 06878 203-637-2791

Monroe Housing Authority Monroe CT 358 Wheeler Road, Ste E7 06468 203-261-7685

New Canaan Housing Authority New Canaan CT 57 Millport Avenue 06840 203-966-2408

Norwalk Housing Authority Norwalk CT 24 1/2 Monroe St 06854 203-838-8471

Ridgefield Housing Authority Ridgefield CT 25 Gilbert Street, Ste A 06877 203-438-9845

Shelton Housing Authority Shelton CT 187 Meadow Street 06484 203-924-2736

Stamford Housing Authority Stamford CT 11 North Street 06902 203-977-1455

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Fairfield County, Connecticut. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Fairfield County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce Bridgeport CT 10 Middle Street 06604 203-335-3800

Danbury Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Danbury CT 39 West Street 06810 203-743-5565

Fairfield Chamber of Commerce Fairfield CT 1597 Post Road 06824 203-255-1011

Greater Norwalk Chamber-Commerce Norwalk CT 101 East Avenue 06851 203-866-2521

Greater Valley Chamber of Commerce Shelton CT 10 Progress Drive 06484 203-925-4981

Greenwich Chamber of Commerce Greenwich CT 45 East Putnam Avenue 06830 203-869-3500

Monroe Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Monroe CT 477 Main Street 06468 203-268-6518

New Canaan Chamber of Commerce New Canaan CT 91 Elm Street 06840 203-966-2004

Newtown Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Newtown CT PO Box 314 06470 203-426-2695

Ridgefield Chamber of Commerce Ridgefield CT 9 Bailey Avenue 06877 203-438-5992

Stamford Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Stamford CT 733 Summer Street 06901 203-359-4761

A Department of Labor operates at the state or federal level to develop employment opportunities, improve workforce competitiveness, and promote safe working conditions in Fairfield County, Connecticut. The federal Department of Labor offers multiple government grant programs, including job training grants, public employment grants, and unemployment grants. They also offer non-profit grants, health and safety grants, and veteran employment grants. State Departments of Labor may also provide Fairfield County grant programs. More information about government grants is available on the Fairfield County Department of Labor website.

Bridgeport Department of Labor Bridgeport CT 45 Lyon Terrace 06604 203-576-7843

Stamford Connecticut Department of Labor Stamford CT 1340 Washington Boulevard 06902 203-348-2696

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Fairfield County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Fairfield County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Bridgeport Social Security Office Bridgeport CT 3885 Main Street 06606 203-365-8452

Danbury Social Security Office Wilton CT 131 Danbury Road 06897 203-748-3569

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Fairfield County, Connecticut. The federal VA, as well as local Fairfield County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Fairfield County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Byram Veterans Association Greenwich CT 300 Delavan Avenue 06830 203-531-9846

Danbury Veterans Advisory Center Danbury CT 198 Main Street 06810 203-797-4620

Disabled American Veterans Danbury CT 25 Segar Street 06810 203-743-3013

National Veterans Services Fund Darien CT 209 West Avenue 06820 203-656-0003

Ninth District Veterans Association Greenwich CT 14 Riversville Road 06831 203-532-0130

Polish Army Veterans Associates Bridgeport CT 56 Beach Street 06608 203-579-0109

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Fairfield County, Connecticut. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Fairfield County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Fairfield County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Danbury Highway Department Danbury CT 53 Newtown Road 06810 203-797-4605

Redding Town Highway Department Redding CT 100 Hill Road 06896 203-938-2801

Shelton Public Works Department Shelton CT 41 Myrtle Street 06484 203-924-9277