Hartford County Government Grants (Connecticut)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Hartford County, Connecticut. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Hartford County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Berlin Adult Department of Education Berlin CT 139 Patterson Way 06037 860-828-8824

Berlin Bellevue District Administration-Department of Education Berlin CT 238 Kensington Road 06037 402-293-5030

Burlington Regional Department of Education Burlington CT 24 Lyon Road 06013 860-673-2538

Connecticut of Department of Education Wethersfield CT 81 Wolcott Hill Road, 1 06109 860-571-7446

Darien Department of Education New Britain CT 393 Main Street 06051 203-656-7400

East Rutherford Department of Education Enfield CT 27 Shaker Road 06082 201-804-3100

East Windsor Department of Education Broad Brook CT 70 South Main Street 06088 860-623-3553

Enfield CT Department of Education Enfield CT 820 Enfield Street 06082 860-253-5170

Farmington Connecticut Department of Education Farmington CT 1 Monteith Drive 06032 860-404-0112

Hartford CT Department of Education Hartford CT 165 Capitol Avenue, 8 06106 860-713-6543

Hartford Higher Department of Education Hartford CT 61 Woodland Street, 1 06105 860-947-1800

New Britain Connecticut Department of Education New Britain CT 1 Hartford Square, 65 06052 860-229-6106

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Hartford County, Connecticut. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Hartford County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Avon Chamber of Commerce Avon CT 412 West Avon Road 06001 860-675-4832

Berlin Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Berlin CT 211 New Britain Road 06037 860-827-0588

Bloomfield Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Bloomfield CT 330 Park Avenue 06002 860-242-3710

Central Connecticut Chambers of Commerce Bristol CT 200 Main Street 06010 860-584-4718

East Hartford Chamber-Commerce East Hartford CT 1137 Main Street 06108 860-289-0239

East Windsor Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Broad Brook CT PO Box 270 06016 860-292-6776

Enfield Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Enfield CT PO Box 294 06083 860-741-3838

Farmington Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Farmington CT 827 Farmington Avenue 06032 860-676-8490

Glastonbury Chamber of Commerce Glastonbury CT 2400 Main Street 06033 860-659-3587

Granby Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Granby CT PO Box 211 06035 860-653-5085

Manchester Chamber of Commerce Manchester CT 20 Hartford Road 06040 860-646-2223

Metro Hartford Alliance Hartford CT 31 Pratt Street 06103 860-525-4451

New Britain Connecticut Chamber of Commerce New Britain CT 1 Court Street 06051 860-229-1665

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Hartford County, Connecticut. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Hartford County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Hartford County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Berlin Housing Authority Berlin CT 250 Kensington Road 06037 860-828-4500

Bloomfield Housing Authority West Hartford CT 80 Shield St 06110 860-953-0002

Bristol Housing Authority Bristol CT 164 Jerome Avenue 06010 860-582-6313

Broad Brook Housing Authority Broad Brook CT PARK HILL Rd 06016 860-623-8467

Canton Housing Authority Canton CT 21 Dowd Avenue 06019 860-693-6464

East Hartford Housing Authority East Hartford CT 546 Burnside Avenue 06108 860-290-8301

Enfield Housing Authority Enfield CT 1 Pearson Way 06082 860-745-7493

Glastonbury Housing Authority Glastonbury CT 25 Risley Road 06033 860-652-7568

Glastonbury Town Housing Authority Glastonbury CT 45 Canione Road 06033 860-652-7623

Hartford Housing Authority Hartford CT 9 Wooster Street 06120 860-723-8400

Manchester Housing Authority Manchester CT 24 Bluefield Drive 06040 860-643-2163

New Britain Housing Authority New Britain CT 16 Armistice St 06053 860-225-3534

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Hartford County, Connecticut. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Hartford County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Hartford County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Bristol Social Security Office Bristol CT 225 North Main Street 06010 860-314-2304

East Hartford Social Security Office East Hartford CT 478 Burnside Avenue 06108 860-290-5420

Hartford Social Security Office Hartford CT 960 Main Street 06103 860-493-1857

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Hartford County, Connecticut. The federal VA, as well as local Hartford County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Hartford County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Connecticut Department Of Veteran Affairs Rocky Hill CT 287 West Street 06067 860-721-5893

Connecticut Veteran Services Bristol CT 111 North Main Street, 2 06010 860-584-6299

Disabled American Veterans Bristol CT 191 Riverside Avenue 06010 860-589-4710

Disabled American Veterans Newington CT 555 Willard Avenue 06111 860-594-6611

Disabled American Veterans Rocky Hill CT 35 Cold Spring Road, 315 06067 860-529-1759

Jewish War Veterans Of United States Bloomfield CT 54 Kenwood Circle 06002 860-242-2602

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Hartford County, Connecticut. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Hartford County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Hartford County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Connecticut Department of Transportation Newington CT 2800 Berlin Turnpike 06111 860-594-2000

A Department of Justice operates at the federal or state level to enforce the law and ensure public safety in Hartford County, Connecticut. The U.S. Department of Justice offers several Hartford County government grants, including federal assistance to scholars and experts, law enforcement grants, and violence against women grants, which protect victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. State Departments of Justice may also provide grants for Hartford County law enforcement and legal assistant programs. Departments of Justice provide information on their government grant programs on their websites.

Hartford Connecticut Department of Justice Hartford CT 21 Oak Street 06106 860-241-8279

Hartford Connecticut Department of Justice Hartford CT 450 Main Street, 628 06103 860-240-3233

A Department of Labor operates at the state or federal level to develop employment opportunities, improve workforce competitiveness, and promote safe working conditions in Hartford County, Connecticut. The federal Department of Labor offers multiple government grant programs, including job training grants, public employment grants, and unemployment grants. They also offer non-profit grants, health and safety grants, and veteran employment grants. State Departments of Labor may also provide Hartford County grant programs. More information about government grants is available on the Hartford County Department of Labor website.

Hartford Connecticut Department of Labor Hartford CT 3580 Main Street 06120 860-566-5262