Middlesex County Government Grants (Connecticut)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Middlesex County, Connecticut. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Middlesex County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Cromwell CT Department of Education Cromwell CT 72 Evergreen Road 06416 860-632-4841

Cromwell Connecticut Department of Education Cromwell CT 9 Mann Memorial Drive 06416 860-632-4830

East Haddam Department of Education East Haddam CT 26 Plains Road 06469 860-873-5090

East Hampton Department of Education East Hampton CT 94 Main Street 06424 860-365-4000

Higganum Regional Department of Education Haddam CT 57 Little City Road 06441 860-345-4534

Middletown CT Department of Education Middletown CT 470 Butternut Street 06457 860-347-1000

Middletown Connecticut Department of Education Middletown CT 25 Industrial Park Road 06457 860-807-2005

Portland CT Department of Education Portland CT 95 High Street 06480 860-342-4600

Town-Durham-Department of Education Durham CT Pickett Lane 06422 860-349-7200

Westbrook CT Department of Education Westbrook CT 156 McVeagh Road 06498 860-399-6432

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Middlesex County, Connecticut. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Middlesex County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Clinton Chamber of Commerce Clinton CT 50 East Main Street 06413 860-669-3889

Middlesex County Chamber Middletown CT 393 Main Street 06457 860-347-6924

Old Saybrook Chamber of Commerce Old Saybrook CT 665 Boston Post Road 06475 860-388-3266

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Middlesex County, Connecticut. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Middlesex County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Middlesex County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Clinton Housing Authority Clinton CT 159 Glenwood Road 06413 860-669-6383

Deep River Town Housing Authority Deep River CT 60 Main Street 06417 860-526-5119

Middletown Housing Authority Middletown CT 40 Broad Street, Ste 1 06457 860-346-8671

Portland Housing Authority Portland CT 9 Chatham Court 06480 860-342-1688

Rockfall Housing Authority Middlefield CT 1 Sugarloaf Terrace 06481 860-344-9933

Westbrook Housing Authority Westbrook CT 34 Worthington Drive 06498 860-399-3154

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Middlesex County, Connecticut. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Middlesex County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Middlesex County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Connecticut Department of Transportation Old Saybrook CT 660 Middlesex Turnpike 06475 860-388-0295

Haddam Transportation Maintenance Haddam CT 1640 Saybrook Road 06438 860-345-2088

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Middlesex County, Connecticut. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Middlesex County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Middlesex County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Middletown Social Security Office Middletown CT 425 Main Street 06457 877-692-3145

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Middlesex County, Connecticut. The federal VA, as well as local Middlesex County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Middlesex County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans Corner Inc Middletown CT 511 Atkins Street 06457 860-346-5100

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10153 Old Saybrook CT 315 Essex Road 06475 860-388-1155

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5095 East Hampton CT 20 North Maple Street 06424 860-267-8837