New Haven County Government Grants (Connecticut)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in New Haven County, Connecticut. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about New Haven County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Ansonia CT Department of Education Ansonia CT 115 Howard Avenue 06401 203-954-0010

Ashland Bloomfield Department of Education New Haven CT 830 State Street 06511 860-769-4200

Baldwin County Department of Education New Haven CT 104 Burr Street 06512 251-937-0306

Branford CT Department of Education Branford CT 185 Damascus Road 06405 203-488-5000

Derby Department of Education Derby CT 35 5th Street 06418 203-736-5027

Detroit Department of Education East Haven CT 35 Wheelbarrow Lane 06513 313-873-7860

East Saint Louis CT Department of Education North Haven CT Louis Street 06473 860-602-4000

Ellington Department of Education Cheshire CT 125 Schoolhouse Road 06410 860-896-2313

Guilford Glassboro Department of Education Guilford CT 55 Park Street 06437 856-881-0123

Hamden CT Department of Education Hamden CT 1255 Shepard Avenue 06518 203-407-2081

Hamden Connecticut Department of Education Hamden CT 2040 Dixwell Avenue 06514 203-230-1010

Lewisport Greenwich Department of Education East Haven CT 271 Connecticut 100 06512 203-869-9401

Madison CT Department of Education Madison CT 284 Green Hill Road 06443 203-245-6470

Meriden City Department of Education Meriden CT 22 Liberty Street 06450 203-630-4163

Midfield Department of Education Naugatuck CT 543 Rubber Avenue 06770 205-923-2262

New Haven City-Department of Education New Haven CT 654 Ferry Street 06513 203-691-3900

New Milford Monroe Department of Education Waterbury CT 812 Berkeley Avenue 06704 203-452-5846

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in New Haven County, Connecticut. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers New Haven County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund New Haven County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Ansonia Housing Authority Ansonia CT 36 Main St 06401 203-736-8888

Branford Housing Authority Branford CT 115 South Montowese Street 06405 203-481-3194

Cheshire Housing Authority Cheshire CT 50 Rumberg Road 06410 203-272-7511

Derby Housing Authority Derby CT 101 West 4th Street 06418 203-735-6652

East Haven Housing Authority East Haven CT 250 Main St 06512 203-468-3287

Guilford Housing Authority Guilford CT 32 Guilford Court 06437 203-453-6262

Hamden Housing Authority Hamden CT 51 Worth Ave 06518 203-248-9036

Meriden Housing Authority Meriden CT 22 Church Street 06451 203-235-0157

Milford Housing Authority Milford CT 75 Demaio Drive 06460 203-877-3223

Naugatuck Housing Authority Naugatuck CT 53 Conrad Street 06770 203-723-9201

New Haven Housing Authority New Haven CT 360 Orange Street, Ste 1 06511 203-498-8800

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in New Haven County, Connecticut. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer New Haven County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local New Haven County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Ansonia Social Security Office Ansonia CT 475 Main Street 06401 866-331-7096

Meriden Social Security Office Meriden CT 1 West Main Street 06451 203-238-0346

New Haven Social Security Office New Haven CT 150 Court Street 06510 203-773-5201

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in New Haven County, Connecticut. The federal Department of Transportation offers several New Haven County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. New Haven County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Beacon Falls Highway Department Beacon Falls CT 401 Lopus Road 06403 203-729-6978

Connecticut Department Of Transportation New Haven CT 140 Pond Lily Avenue 06515 203-389-3100

Milford Bridge Department Milford CT 44 Banner Drive 06460 203-874-0438

North Haven Transportation Department North Haven CT 26 Broadway 06473 203-239-0117

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in New Haven County, Connecticut. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to New Haven County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Central Naugatuck Valley Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Waterbury CT 83 Bank Street 06702 203-757-0701

Cheshire Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Cheshire CT 195 South Main Street 06410 203-272-2345

Guilford Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Guilford CT 63 Whitfield Street 06437 203-453-9677

Hamden Chamber of Commerce Hamden CT 2969 Whitney Avenue 06518 203-288-6431

Meriden Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Meriden CT 5 Colony Street 06451 203-235-7901

Middlebury Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Waterbury CT 83 Bank Street 06702 203-757-0701

Milford Chamber of Commerce, Inc. Milford CT 5 Broad Street 06460 203-878-0681

Naugatuck Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Waterbury CT 83 Bank Street 06702 203-757-0701

New Haven Connecticut Chamber of commerce New Haven CT 900 Chapel Street 06510 203-787-6735

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in New Haven County, Connecticut. The federal VA, as well as local New Haven County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The New Haven County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Charles W Wood Veterans Of Foreign Wars Post 10321 Hamden CT 403 Morse Street 06517 203-773-3967

Derby Veterans Community Center Derby CT 35 5th Street 06418 203-735-4222

Disabled American Veterans Derby CT 63 Smith Street 06418 203-735-3832

Disabled American Veterans Meriden CT 80 Hall Avenue 06450 203-238-3113

Meriden Veterans Services Center Wallingford CT 45 South Main Street 06492 203-294-2165

A Department of Justice operates at the federal or state level to enforce the law and ensure public safety in New Haven County, Connecticut. The U.S. Department of Justice offers several New Haven County government grants, including federal assistance to scholars and experts, law enforcement grants, and violence against women grants, which protect victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. State Departments of Justice may also provide grants for New Haven County law enforcement and legal assistant programs. Departments of Justice provide information on their government grant programs on their websites.

New Haven Connecticut Department of Justice New Haven CT 150 Court Street 06510 203-773-2060