Windham County Government Grants (Connecticut)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Windham County, Connecticut. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Windham County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Canterbury Department of Education Canterbury CT 45 Westminster Road 06331 860-546-6950

Hampton Town Department of Education Chaplin CT 304 Parish Hill Road 06235 860-455-9306

Killingly Department of Education Killingly CT 79 Putnam Pike 06241 860-779-6790

Plainfield Pendleton County Department of Education Plainfield CT Park Avenue 06374 859-654-6911

Pomfret Department of Education Pomfret CT 20 Pomfret Street 06259 860-928-2718

Putnam Department of Education Putnam CT 33 Wicker Street 06260 860-963-6925

Simsbury Department of Education Thompson CT 173 County Home Road 06277 860-651-3361

Woodstock Connecticut Department of Education Killingly CT 111 Connecticut Mills Avenue 06239 860-779-1420

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Windham County, Connecticut. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Windham County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Windham County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Brooklyn Housing Authority Brooklyn CT 87 Quebec Sq 06234 860-779-3339

Grosvenordale Housing Authority Thompson CT 500 Riverside Drive 06255 860-923-9997

Killingly Housing Authority Killingly CT 41 Birchwood Terrace 06239 860-774-3905

Plainfield Housing Authority Plainfield CT 120 Prospect Street 06354 860-564-3760

Putnam Housing Authority Putnam CT 123 Laconia Avenue 06260 860-963-6829

Willimantic Housing Authority Windham CT 49 West Avenue 06226 860-456-1413

Woodstock Housing Authority Woodstock CT 60 Butts Road 06281 860-928-6378

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Windham County, Connecticut. The federal VA, as well as local Windham County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Windham County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Disabled American Veterans Canterbury CT 569 Westminster Road 06331 860-887-9457

Focus On Veterans Plainfield CT 35 East Main Street 06354 860-317-1025

Thompson Veterans Service Thompson CT 815 Riverside Drive 06255 860-923-9320

Veterans of Foreign Wars Windham CT 1415 Main Street 06226 860-423-8507

Veterans of Foreign Wars Killingly CT 29 Mechanic Street 06239 860-774-5916

Veterans of Foreign Wars Putnam CT 207 Providence Street 06260 860-928-9897

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4908 Killingly CT 1035 North Road 06241 860-774-0233

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Windham County, Connecticut. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Windham County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Northeastern CT Chamber Killingly CT 3 Central Street 06239 860-774-8001

Plainfield Connecticut Chamber of Commerce Plainfield CT PO Box 174 06374 860-564-5566

Windham Region Chamber-Commerce Windham CT 1010 Main Street 06226 860-423-6389

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Windham County, Connecticut. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Windham County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Windham County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Willimantic Social Security Office Windham CT 1320 Main Street 06226 860-423-6386