Clayton County Government Grants (Georgia)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Clayton County, Georgia. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Clayton County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Chilton County Department of Education Jonesboro GA 221 Stockbridge Road 30236 205-280-3000

Clark Department of Education Jonesboro GA 1251 Mundys Mill Road 30238 732-388-6200

Creston Richmond County Department of Education Jonesboro GA 161 South Main Street 30236 706-826-1000

Jonesboro Choctaw County Department of Education Jonesboro GA 216 Georgia 138 30238 251-843-5645

Jonesboro Clayton County Department of Education Jonesboro GA 120 Oriole Drive 30238 678-479-2600

Salisbury Georgia Department of Education Riverdale GA 1321 Salisbury Trail 30296 770-266-4520

A Department of Labor operates at the state or federal level to develop employment opportunities, improve workforce competitiveness, and promote safe working conditions in Clayton County, Georgia. The federal Department of Labor offers multiple government grant programs, including job training grants, public employment grants, and unemployment grants. They also offer non-profit grants, health and safety grants, and veteran employment grants. State Departments of Labor may also provide Clayton County grant programs. More information about government grants is available on the Clayton County Department of Labor website.

Clayton County Department of Labor Jonesboro GA 2450 Mount Zion Parkway 30236 678-479-5886

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Clayton County, Georgia. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Clayton County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Clayton County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Clayton County Housing Authority Forest Park GA 732 Main Street 30297 404-362-1200

Jonesboro Housing Authority Jonesboro GA 203 Hightower Street 30236 770-478-7282

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Clayton County, Georgia. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Clayton County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Clayton County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Clayton County Transportation & Development Jonesboro GA 7960 North McDonough Street 30236 770-477-3674

Georgia Department Of Transportation Forest Park GA 15 Kennedy Drive 30297 404-363-7510

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Clayton County, Georgia. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Clayton County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Forest Park Georgia Chamber of Commerce Jonesboro GA PO Box 774 30237 770-478-6549

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Clayton County, Georgia. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Clayton County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Clayton County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Morrow Social Security Office Morrow GA 6670 Merchants Way 30260

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Clayton County, Georgia. The federal VA, as well as local Clayton County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Clayton County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Lake GA 5080 North Lake Drive 30260 404-363-9962

Veterans of Foreign Wars Jonesboro GA 732 Veterans Parkway 30238 770-471-3285