Floyd County Government Grants (Iowa)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Floyd County, Iowa. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Floyd County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Charles IA 401 North Main Street 50616 641-228-4234

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Floyd County, Iowa. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Floyd County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Floyd County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Charles City Housing Authority Charles IA 501 Cedar Street 50616 641-228-6661

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Floyd County, Iowa. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Floyd County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Floyd County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Charles City Transportation Maintenance Charles IA 600 18th Street 50616 641-228-4165

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Floyd County, Iowa. The federal VA, as well as local Floyd County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Floyd County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Floyd County Veterans Affairs Charles IA 101 South Main Street, 109 50616 641-228-1850

Veterans of Foreign Wars Charles IA 1505 North Grand Avenue 50616 641-228-4335