DeKalb County Government Grants (Illinois)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in DeKalb County, Illinois. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about DeKalb County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Barnesville IL Department of Education Sandwich IL 210 West Church Street 60548 708-482-2400

Effingham Department of Education DeKalb IL 11158 Illinois 38 60115 217-342-2163

Sandwich Community Unit Department of Education Sandwich IL 515 Lions Road 60548 815-786-8881

Somonauk Comm Unit Department of Education Somonauk IL 310 South Depot Street 60552 815-498-9873

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in DeKalb County, Illinois. The federal Department of Transportation offers several DeKalb County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. DeKalb County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Cortland Township Road District Cortland IL 14 South Prairie Street 60112 815-758-3237

Kingston Township Road District Kingston IL 305 East Railroad Street 60145 815-784-6000

Sycamore Transportation Department Sycamore IL 351 East Page Street 60178 815-895-4551

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in DeKalb County, Illinois. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers DeKalb County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund DeKalb County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

De Kalb County Housing Authority Sycamore IL 275 North Cross Street 60178 815-895-4929

De Kalb County Housing Authority DeKalb IL 310 North 6th Street, Ste A 60115 815-758-2692

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in DeKalb County, Illinois. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to DeKalb County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

DeKalb Chamber of Commerce DeKalb IL 164 East Lincoln Highway 60115 815-756-6306

Genoa Illinois Chamber of Commerce Genoa IL 327 West Main Street 60135 815-784-2212

Sandwich Illinois Chamber of Commerce Sandwich IL PO Box 214 60548 815-786-9075

Sycamore Illinois Chamber of Commerce Sycamore IL 407 Highway 64 60178 815-895-3456

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in DeKalb County, Illinois. The federal VA, as well as local DeKalb County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The DeKalb County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Genoa Veterans Home Corporation Genoa IL 311 South Washington Street 60135 815-784-5967

Sycamore Veterans Home Association Sycamore IL 121 South California Street 60178 815-895-2931

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2287 DeKalb IL 421 Oak Street 60115 815-758-1990