Marion County Government Grants (Illinois)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Marion County, Illinois. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Marion County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Centralia Chamber of Commerce Centralia IL 130 South Locust Street 62801 618-532-6789

Salem Illinois Chamber of Commerce Centralia IL 101 South Broadway 62801 618-548-2222

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Marion County, Illinois. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Marion County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Marion County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Centralia Township Highway Department Centralia IL 788 Walnut Hill Road 62801 618-532-5001

Haines Township Road Commissioner Kell IL 5975 State Route 161 Extension 62853 618-822-6567

Salem Township Highway Department Salem IL 1975 Fairgrounds Rd 62881 618-548-5406

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Marion County, Illinois. The federal VA, as well as local Marion County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Marion County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Disabled American Veterans Centralia IL 531 North Hickory Street 62801 618-545-3558

Veterans Affairs Department Salem IL 600 East Main Street, 6 62881 618-548-6929

Veterans of Foreign Wars Centralia IL 1826 South Pine Street 62801 618-532-9551

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Marion County, Illinois. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Marion County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Marion County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Marion County Housing Authority Centralia IL 719 Howard Street 62801 618-532-1894