Shelby County Government Grants (Illinois)

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Shelby County, Illinois. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Shelby County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Shelby County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Shelby County Housing Authority Shelbyville IL 414 South Morgan Street 62565 217-774-2167

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Shelby County, Illinois. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Shelby County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Shelbyville Chamber-Commerce Shelbyville IL 143 East Main Street 62565 217-774-2221

South Holland Illinois Chamber of Commerce Shelbyville IL PO Box 334 60473 708-596-0065

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Shelby County, Illinois. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Shelby County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Shelby County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Tower Hill Township Highway Department Tower Hill IL County Road 800 East 62571 217-567-3422

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Shelby County, Illinois. The federal VA, as well as local Shelby County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Shelby County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Shelbyville IL 513 South Cedar Street 62565 217-774-4829