Greene County Government Grants (Indiana)

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Greene County, Indiana. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Greene County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Greene County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Bloomfield Housing Authority Bloomfield IN 100 West Main Street, Ofc 801 47424 812-384-8866

Jasonville Housing Authority Jasonville IN 145 South Lawton Street 47438 812-665-3692

Linton Housing Authority Linton IN 1148 North 1300 West 47441 812-847-4876

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Greene County, Indiana. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Greene County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Bloomfield Indiana Chamber of Commerce Bloomfield IN PO Box 144 47424 812-384-8995

Chamber of Commerce Linton IN 159 1st Street Northwest 47441 812-847-4846

Jasonville Indiana Chamber of Commerce Jasonville IN PO Box 101 47438 812-665-3117

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Greene County, Indiana. The federal VA, as well as local Greene County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Greene County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Greene County Veterans Office Bloomfield IN 217 East Spring Street, 1 47424 812-384-2031

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7117 Worthington IN 25 North Commercial Street 47471 812-875-2504

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Greene County, Indiana. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Greene County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Greene County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Indiana Department Of Transportation Linton IN 616 Southeast 12th Street 47441 812-847-2245

Indiana Department Of Transportation Bloomfield IN 43 East Judson Street 47424 812-384-4830