Jennings County Government Grants (Indiana)

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Jennings County, Indiana. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Jennings County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Jennings County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Jennings County Housing Authority North Vernon IN 201 Hoosier Street 47265 812-346-4070

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Jennings County, Indiana. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Jennings County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Jennings County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Jennings County Road Highway Department North Vernon IN 4800 Indiana 3 47265 812-346-2745

North Vernon Transportation Department North Vernon IN 2900 Indiana 3 47265 812-346-2664

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Jennings County, Indiana. The federal VA, as well as local Jennings County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Jennings County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Jennings County Veterans Service North Vernon IN 143 East Walnut Street 47265 812-352-9169

Veterans of Foreign Wars North Vernon IN 412 South Madison Avenue 47265 812-346-2198

Veterans of Foreign Wars North Vernon IN 10 East O and M Avenue 47265 812-346-2198

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Jennings County, Indiana. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Jennings County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

North Vernon Indiana Chamber of Commerce North Vernon IN 203 North State Street 47265 812-346-2339