Putnam County Government Grants (Indiana)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Putnam County, Indiana. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Putnam County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Deercreek Department of Education Greencastle IN 1946 U.s. 40 46135 765-653-8441

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Putnam County, Indiana. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Putnam County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

CloverdaleIndiana Chamber of Commerce Cloverdale IN North Street 46120 765-795-3993

Greencastle Indiana Chamber of Commerce Greencastle IN PO Box 389 46135 317-653-4517

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Putnam County, Indiana. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Putnam County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Putnam County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Greencastle Housing Authority Greencastle IN 309 East Franklin Street 46135 765-653-8228

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Putnam County, Indiana. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Putnam County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Putnam County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Monroe Township Transportation Department Bainbridge IN 1558 U.s. 36 46105 765-522-2911

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Putnam County, Indiana. The federal VA, as well as local Putnam County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Putnam County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Greencastle IN 819 South Jackson Street 46135 765-653-3018