Anderson County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Anderson County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Anderson County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Garnett Area Chamber-Commerce Garnett KS 419 South Oak Street 66032 785-448-6767

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Anderson County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Anderson County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Anderson County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Garnett Housing Authority Garnett KS 116 Park Plaza North 66032 785-448-6990

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Anderson County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Anderson County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Anderson County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Garnett Transportation Department Garnett KS 507 North Maple Street 66032 785-448-5446

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Anderson County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Anderson County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Anderson County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Garnett KS 1507 South Elm Street 66032 785-448-5782