Barber County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Barber County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Barber County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Barber County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Barber County Highway Department Medicine Lodge KS 1027 Isabel Road 67104 620-886-3213

Kansas Department of Transportation Medicine Lodge KS 519 North Iliff Street 67104 620-886-3531

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Barber County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Barber County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Kiowa Kansas Chamber of Commerce Kiowa KS PO Box 272 67070 620-825-4613

Medicine Lodge Chamber-Commrce Medicine Lodge KS 107 East Washington Avenue 67104 620-886-3417

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Barber County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Barber County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Barber County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Medicine Lodge Housing Authority Medicine Lodge KS 200 South Cherry Street 67104 620-886-5801