Barton County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Barton County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Barton County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Hoisington KS 123 North Main Street 67544 620-653-4311

Ellinwood Chamber of Commerce Ellinwood KS 118 North Main Street 67526 620-564-3300

Great Bend Kansas Chamber of Commerce Great Bend KS 1125 Williams Street 67530 316-792-2401

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Barton County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Barton County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Barton County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Claflin Housing Authority Claflin KS 602 West Albro Street 67525 620-587-3435

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Barton County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Barton County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Barton County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Disabled American Veterans Great Bend KS 1011 Kansas Avenue 67530 620-793-7169

Veterans of Foreign Wars Hoisington KS 256 South Main Street 67544 620-653-4501

Veterans of Foreign Wars Great Bend KS 504 Washington Street 67530 620-792-2754