Brown County Government Grants (Kansas)

Search for Brown County, KS government grants. A government grant search provides information on applying for government grants, government grant programs, government grant eligibility, grant application process, education grants, language study grants, nonprofit government grants, housing grants, economic development grants, violence against women grants, veterans grants, environmental grants, Social Security service grants, and school grants.

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Brown County, Kansas. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Brown County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Horton Department of Education Horton KS School Drive 66439 785-486-2611

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Brown County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Brown County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Hiawatha Chamber of Commerce Hiawatha KS 701 Oregon Street 66434 785-742-7136

Horton Chamber of Commerce Horton KS 126 West 8th Street 66439 785-486-3321

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Brown County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Brown County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Brown County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Horton Housing Authority Horton KS 1701 Euclid Avenue 66439 785-486-3615

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Brown County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Brown County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Brown County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Horton Transportation Department Horton KS 1683 1st Avenue East 66439 785-486-2142