Cowley County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Cowley County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Cowley County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Arkansas City Chamber-Commerce Arkansas KS 106 South Summit Street 67005 620-442-0230

Winfield Chamber of Commerce Winfield KS 123 East 9th Avenue 67156 620-221-2420

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Cowley County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Cowley County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Cowley County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Cowley County Bridge Department Arkansas KS 406 West Hilltop Road 67005 620-442-8416

Kansas Department of Transportation Winfield KS 7093 U.s. 160 67156 620-221-3370

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Cowley County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Cowley County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Cowley County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Cowley County Housing Authority Arkansas KS 304 South Summit Street 67005 620-442-6063

Winfield City Housing Authority Winfield KS 1417 Pine Terrace 67156 620-221-4936

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Cowley County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Cowley County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Cowley County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Kansas Commission on Veterans Affairs-Kansas Veterans Home Winfield KS 1220 Ww II Memorial Drive 67156 620-221-9021

Veterans of Foreign Wars Arkansas KS 3212 North Summit Street 67005 620-442-4780

Veterans of Foreign Wars Winfield KS 115 East 10th Avenue 67156 620-221-2870