Crawford County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Crawford County, Kansas. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Crawford County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Hiawatha Department of Education Pittsburg KS 200 Bob White Lane 66762 785-742-2224

USD 204 - Department of Education Cherokee KS 71 South Orange Street 66724 913-422-5600

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Crawford County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Crawford County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Girard KS 118 North Ozark Street 66743 620-724-4715

Pittsburg Area Chamber of Commerce Pittsburg KS 117 West 4th Street 66762 620-231-1000

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Crawford County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Crawford County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Crawford County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Girard Housing Authority Girard KS 100 North Water Street 66743 620-724-8668

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Crawford County, Kansas. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Crawford County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Crawford County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Pittsburg Social Security Office Pittsburg KS 801 South Broadway Street 66762 866-964-6307

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Crawford County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Crawford County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Crawford County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Pittsburg Transportation Department Pittsburg KS 1813 West 4th Street 66762 620-231-7560