Dickinson County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Dickinson County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Dickinson County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Abilene Area Chamber-Commerce Abilene KS 500 North Buckeye Avenue 67410 785-263-1770

Herington Water Department Herington KS 17 North Broadway Street 67449 785-258-2271

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Dickinson County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Dickinson County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Dickinson County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Abilene Transportation Department Abilene KS 2310 North Buckeye Avenue 67410 785-263-1801

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Dickinson County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Dickinson County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Dickinson County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Chapman Housing Authority Chapman KS 829 North Sheeran Street 67431 785-922-6229

Solomon Housing Authority Solomon KS 105 West 6th Street 67480 785-655-9422