Douglas County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Douglas County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Douglas County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce Baldwin KS 720 High Street 66006 785-594-3200

Eudora Chamber of Commerce Eudora KS 1402 Church Street 66025 785-542-1212

Lawrence Chamber of Commerce Lawrence KS 646 Vermont Street 66044 785-865-4411

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Douglas County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Douglas County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Douglas County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Douglas County Housing Authority Lawrence KS 2125 Clinton Parkway 66047 785-841-1000

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Douglas County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Douglas County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Douglas County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Kansas Commission On Veteran Affairs Lawrence KS 745 Vermont Street 66044 785-843-5233

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 852 Lawrence KS 1801 Massachusetts Street 66044 785-843-2078

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Douglas County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Douglas County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Douglas County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Kansas Transportation Department Lawrence KS 1462 U.s. 40 66044 785-842-0299

Palmyra Township Road Department Baldwin KS 376 East 1700 Road 66006 785-594-2859

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Douglas County, Kansas. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Douglas County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Douglas County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Lawrence Social Security Office Lawrence KS 1440 Wakarusa Drive 66049 785-843-2254