Ellis County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Ellis County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Ellis County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Ellis KS 102 West 10th Street 67637 785-726-2660

Hays Area Chamber of Commerce Hays KS 2700 Vine Street 67601 785-628-8201

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Ellis County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Ellis County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Ellis County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Ellis County Public Works Hays KS 1195 280th Avenue 67601 785-628-9455

Hays Transportation Department Hays KS Frontier Road 67601 785-625-9718

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Ellis County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Ellis County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Ellis County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Hays Housing Authority Hays KS 1709 Sunset Trail 67601 785-625-4226

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Ellis County, Kansas. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Ellis County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Ellis County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Hays Social Security Office Hays KS 1212 East 27th Street 67601 785-625-3496

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Ellis County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Ellis County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Ellis County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans Affairs Commission Hays KS 207 East 7th Street 67601 785-625-8532

Veterans of Foreign Wars Ellis KS 813 Jefferson Street 67637 785-726-4514

Veterans of Foreign Wars Victoria KS 204 West Main Street 67671 785-735-9218

Veterans of Foreign Wars Hays KS 2106 Vine Street 67601 785-625-9940