Finney County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Finney County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Finney County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Garden City Area Chamber of Commerce Garden KS 1511 East Fulton Street 67846 620-276-3264

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Finney County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Finney County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Finney County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Garden City Housing Authority Garden KS 606 Pershing Ave 67846 620-276-1240

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Finney County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Finney County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Finney County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Transportation Department Garden City Garden KS 121 North Campus Drive 67846 620-276-3241

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Finney County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Finney County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Finney County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Garden KS 1101 West Mary Street 67846 620-275-1825