Jackson County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Jackson County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Jackson County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Holton Kansas Chamber of Commerce Holton KS 105 West 4th Street 66436 785-364-3963

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Jackson County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Jackson County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Jackson County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Horton Transportation Department Holton KS 1005 West 4th Street 66436 785-364-2541

Jackson County Bridge Yard Holton KS 500 Illinois Avenue 66436 785-364-2875

Prairie Band of Potawatomie Road & Bridge Mayetta KS 14880 K Road 66509 785-966-2375

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Jackson County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Jackson County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Jackson County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Prairie Band Housing Authority Mayetta KS 8273 156th Lane 66509 785-966-2756