Marion County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Marion County, Kansas. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Marion County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Oak Ridge Independence Department of Education Marion KS 1000 Weldon Street 66861 620-332-1800

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Marion County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Marion County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Hillsboro KS 111 West Grand Avenue 67063 620-947-3506

Chamber of Commerce Marion KS 203 North 3rd Street 66861 620-382-3425

Florence Kansas Chamber of Commerce Florence KS 417 Main Street 66851 620-878-4243

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Marion County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Marion County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Marion County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Florence Housing Authority Florence KS 124 East 9th Street 66851 620-878-4371

Peabody Housing Authority Peabody KS 501 North Vine Street, Ste A 66866 620-983-2958

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Marion County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Marion County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Marion County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Marion County Road & Bridge Marion KS 200 South 3rd Street, 5 66861 620-382-3761

Marion Transportation Department Marion KS 1021 North Cedar Street 66861 620-382-3717