Mitchell County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Mitchell County, Kansas. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Mitchell County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Usd 273 Department of Education Beloit KS 209 West 13th Street 67420 785-738-3261

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Mitchell County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Mitchell County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Beloit Chamber of Commerce Beloit KS 123 North Mill Street 67420 785-738-2717

Glen Elder Kansas Chamber of Commerce Glen Elder KS 109 East Kansas Street 67446 785-545-3474

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Mitchell County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Mitchell County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Mitchell County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Beloit Housing Authority Beloit KS 200 Cedar Avenue 67420 785-738-5210

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Mitchell County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Mitchell County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Mitchell County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Kansas State Department of Transportation Beloit KS 721 North Independence Avenue 67420 785-738-3377

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Mitchell County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Mitchell County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Mitchell County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Beloit KS 102 East South Street 67420 785-738-3988