Montgomery County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Department of Education is a federal or state agency that provides leadership, develops policy, and awards funding for public schools in Montgomery County, Kansas. As part of this mission, Departments of Education distribute grants and federal funding, including education block grants, Title I grants, and IDEA grants. They also award School Improvement Grants, Teacher Incentive Funds, and Pell Grants, in addition to other student loans and grants. Students, teachers, and educators can learn more about Montgomery County government grants issued by the Department of Education on its website.

Leavenworth Department of Education Coffeyville KS 130 Beatty Street 67337 913-684-1400

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Montgomery County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Montgomery County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Caney Chamber of Commerce Caney KS 320 West 4th Avenue 67333 620-879-5131

Coffeyville Area Chamber of Commerce Coffeyville KS 807 South Walnut Street 67337 620-251-2550

Coffeyville Area Chamber of Commerce Coffeyville KS 807 Walnut Street 67337 620-251-2550

Independence Chamber-Commerce Independence KS 322 North Penn Avenue 67301 620-331-1890

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration in Montgomery County, Kansas. Social Security provides services for eligible people, including retirement benefits, and it also provides government grants. Social Security's research and demonstration grants fund innovative research that help manage and administer Montgomery County Social Security programs. Service grants support beneficiaries return to work and access rehabilitation services. Local Montgomery County offices can help with grant applications. Social Security Offices provide more information about their government grants on their websites.

Independence Social Security Office Independence KS 2125 North Pennsylvania Avenue 67301 620-331-4080

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Montgomery County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Montgomery County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Montgomery County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Independence Transportation Department-Engineer Independence KS 3097 West Main Street 67301 620-331-3760

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Montgomery County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Montgomery County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Montgomery County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Kansas Commission on Veterans Affairs Independence KS 201 North Pennsylvania Avenue, 105 67301 620-331-0540

Veterans of Foreign Wars Independence KS 113 East Myrtle Street 67301 620-331-6010

Veterans of Foreign Wars Coffeyville KS 1714 West 8th Street 67337 620-251-5120