Nemaha County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Nemaha County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Nemaha County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Nemaha County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Sabetha Housing Authority Sabetha KS 200 North 1st Street, Apt 25 66534 785-284-2841

Seneca Housing Authority Seneca KS 504 Edward Street 66538 785-336-2144

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Nemaha County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Nemaha County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Sabetha Kansas Chamber of Commerce Sabetha KS PO Box 187 66534 785-284-2158

Seneca Chamber of Commerce Seneca KS 523 Main Street 66538 785-336-2294

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Nemaha County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Nemaha County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Nemaha County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Seneca Transportation Department Highway Seneca KS 801 North 11th Street 66538 785-336-2333

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Nemaha County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Nemaha County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Nemaha County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Sabetha KS 120 South Washington Street 66534 785-284-3885