Neosho County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Neosho County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Neosho County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Chamber of Commerce Chanute KS 21 North Lincoln Avenue 66720 620-431-3350

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Neosho County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Neosho County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Neosho County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Chanute Housing Authority Chanute KS 818 South Santa Fe Avenue, Ste C 66720 620-431-7320

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Neosho County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Neosho County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Neosho County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Chanute Transportation Department Chanute KS 411 West 14th Street 66720 620-431-1000

Kansas Department of Transportation Erie KS 13830 U.s. 59 66733 620-244-5411

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Neosho County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Neosho County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Neosho County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Chanute KS 1654 West Main Street 66720 620-431-9714