Osage County Government Grants (Kansas)

A Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and business activity, either at the federal, state, or local level in Osage County, Kansas. The U.S. Department of Commerce provides government grants to Osage County local Chambers of Commerce as well as grants through multiple bureaus. It also provides market development awards for non-profit industries, including trade associations. Local Chambers of Commerce may also help member businesses secure Small Business Administration grants, business development grants, and economic development funding. Chambers of Commerce provide information about government grant programs on their websites.

Burlingame Kansas Chamber of Commerce Burlingame KS PO Box 102 66413 785-654-3621

Lyndon Kansas Chamber of Commerce Lyndon KS PO Box 523 66451 785-828-3195

Osage City Kansas Chamber of Commerce Osage KS 619 Market Street 66523 785-528-4090

Overbrook Kansas Chamber of Commerce Overbrook KS PO Box 151 66524 785-665-7699

A Department of Transportation is a state or federal agency that plans and develops transportation systems and infrastructure in Osage County, Kansas. The federal Department of Transportation offers several Osage County government grants, including grants for road, rail, transit, and port projects, as well as car and vanpool projects, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and transit research and safety improvements. State Departments of Transportation provide grants for private operators, senior centers, non-profits, and transit systems. Osage County government grant information is available on the Department of Transportation website.

Osage City Transportation Department Osage KS 322 South Martin Street 66523 785-528-3128

A Housing Authority provides low-income rental housing, rental assistance programs, and other housing assistance for eligible individuals and families in Osage County, Kansas. At the federal level, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) operates over 20 government grant programs, including affordable housing development grants, community and economic development grants, fair housing grants, and rental assistance grants. HUD also offers Osage County supportive housing and services grants. Housing Authority grants can help fund Osage County low-income housing, local housing assistance programs, and provide grants for housing assistance such as Section 8.

Scranton Housing Authority Scranton KS 112 North Avenue 66537 785-793-2472

A Veterans Affairs Department provides services to veterans, including veterans from the Armed Forces and Reserves in Osage County, Kansas. The federal VA, as well as local Osage County branches, provide government grants for veterans in rural areas, homeless providers grants, community agency grants, and nurse retention grants. The Osage County VA also provides cemetery grants and supportive services grants for veterans and their families. VA grants both go to agencies, organizations, and individual veterans. The VA provides more information about government grants on its website.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Scranton KS 324 East Avenue 66537 785-793-2706